ICY BOX IB-121CL-6G
- JBOD - the PC detects 2 independent drives
- Bootable HDD cloning without PC (Stand alone)
- Stylish premium aluminium case
- Support both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA I/II/III HDD
- Supports SATA III 6 Gbit/s and USB 3.0 UASP
- USB 3.0 host interface up to 5 Gbit/s
- Downwardly compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
- Windows, Mac, Linux
- Hot Plug & Play and Hot Swap
Two is better!
If you have got a closet full of HDDs at home, you will surely appreciate this dual dock for 2.5" and 3.5" SATA HDDs/SSDs. The 2.5" HDDs can be up to a 15 mm height. Thanks to the included power supply, the IB-121CL-6G can even be used with HDDs that need 12 V in order to function. The aluminium body does not only dissipate the heat and stand stable, but is also optically appealing. This device is using a USB 3.0 interface, with it copying a huge amount of data is done in a breeze.
Once connected to a PC, the HDDs are recognized as individual drives (JBOD), as if they are mounted inside the PFC. A final highlight, is the ability to clone an HDD with just a click of a button and without being connected to a PC.
Using hot swap and plug & play any hard disks in the form factor 2.5" and 3.5" can be easily used, replaced and put into operation. If the docking station is connected using the USB 3.0 cable to a PC, both HDDs / SSDs are recognized as separate drives.
Something From Nothing
When standalone cloning the USB device can be disconnected from the USB 3.0 cable, as long as it is a bootable hard drive. From the Source HDD the content is exactly copied, bit by bit, to the second disk.