ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII APEX hovedkort
LGA1200, ATX, Z490, DDR4, SLI/CFX, 3x M.2, SupremeFX, Aura Sync, W
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII APEX, S-1200
- LGA 1200 socket for 10th-gen Intel Core desktop processors.
- Built to Break Limits: Record-breaking performance, Overclocker's toolkit, condensation detection, OptiMem III, optimized trace layout.
- Improved cooling: Integrated heatsink that covers I/O zone, VRM area, PCH area and U‑shaped 8 mm heatpipe.
- Next-gen connectivity: ROG DIMM.2 (dual M.2, total 3), onboard Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet.
- Customizable Aesthetics: Distinct X-shaped PCB, customizable name plate, Aura Sync, 1X 4-pin RGB headers, 2 addressable headers.
- AI Enhancements: AI Overclocking and AI Cooling.
Power delivery enhancements
Modern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. Our latest VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal performance.
1. Dual 8-pin ProCool II power connectors: Two ProCool connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS 12V power lines.
2. 70 A power stage: The VRM has 16 power stages, each rated to handle 70 amps.
3. MicroFine alloy chokes: Each Power stage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
4. 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors: Input and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures.
Boasting proprietary memory trace layout tweaks that improve signal integrity and mitigate noise, ASUS OptiMem III is more compatible with 3600 MHz+ memory kits, allowing them to run at higher frequencies. You can opt to optimize memory for high frequency settings, or low latency settings. Stack Maximus XII Apex with your favorite modules and maximize throughput of the new 10th Generation Intel® Core™ Comet Lake-S processor for applications that demand massive bandwidth.
An Overclocker’s Tookit with hardware-level controls will aid your overclocking experience. They’re quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records.
1. QLED: Four LEDs to show the current boot status.
2. LN2 Mode: Jumper to enable special options and functions for liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking.
3. Slow Mode Switch: Instantly reduces the CPU ratio to 8X to bypass finicky benchmark passages.
4. Pause Switch: Activate to pause the system and fine-tune OC parameters mid-benchmark.
5. ReTry Button: One press instantly initiates a hard reset.
6. Safe Boot Button: Instantly reset the PC and boot directly in to a safe mode
7. ProbeIt: Check the voltage via nine integrated measurement points.
8. Full Speed mode Switch: Four LEDs to show the current boot status.
9. BIOS Switch: Easily switch between BIOS 1 and 2
ROG Maximus XII Apex features three M.2 slots wired directly to the Z490 PCH. Two slots support both SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4 modes, and the other slot supports PCIe 3.0 x4 for NVMe. Additional Intel® Optane™ memory recognizes, remembers, and speeds up access to most frequently used files, applications, and games for faster, more responsive performance.
Our ROG engineers developed and extensively-tested intelligent software solutions to ensure your system stays in optimal condition.
1. AI Overclocking: Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration for each system.
2. AI Cooling: AI Cooling automatically manages and controls motherboard-connected fans, ensuring the most efficient settings depending on the current system load and temperature.
The beefed-up bandwidth doesn't stop with the Z490 platform. We also equipped Maximus XII Apex with multiple networking technologies, so you can push throughput to the limits.
1. Wi-Fi 6 (AX201): Onboard Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) supports ultrafast network speeds, improved capacity and better performance in dense Wi-Fi environments, providing exceptional online gaming experiences.
2. Intel 2.5G Ethernet: Onboard Intel 2.5G Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
Cooler by design
ROG Maximus XII Apex features the most comprehensive cooling options ever.
Multiple temperature sources
4-pin PWM/DC fan
Full speed fan
ROG watercooling zone
Enjoy comprehensive control over fans and water pumps, via either Fan Expert 4 or our UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
1. VRM and I/O heatsink: A high mass, finned heatsink is connected to the I/O cover via a heat pipe, providing an expansive surface area for efficient heat dissipation.
2. Large‑diameter heatpipe: The U-shaped design provides rapid and even heat transfer from the VRM to the extended VRM heatsink.
3. Aluminum heatsink cover: The heatsink cover is crafted from pure aluminum to efficiently cool the onboard M.2 drive.
4. DIMM.2 heatsinks: The ROG DIMM.2 module now passively cools M.2 drives with metal heatsinks that also keep your build looking clean.
5. High-conductivity thermal pad: The high-quality thermal pad improves overall heat transfer from the system by bridging the heat generated by the power stages to the heatsink.
6. Extended VRM heatsink: The extended heatsink increases thermal mass to deal with the additional heat generated by high power consumption.
7. Chipset heatsink: A dedicated chipset heatsink draws heat away to maintain optimum operating temperatures.
Immerse yourself in sound with SupremeFX audio technology. This integrated audio solution utilizes the S1220A codec to provide a flat frequency response for a neutral, detailed sound signature.
1. S1220A Codec: 10 DAC channels provide simultaneous 7.1-channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front-panel outputs
2. Switching MOSFETS: Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs
3. Nichicon® CAPS: Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity