This pre-order includes Valkyria Chronicles 4 and the add-on content A Captainless Squad Winter, 1935 EC. Squad E, traveling now aboard the snow cruiser Centurion, notices one day that rescue dog Ragnarok has gone missing. Feeling guilty for neglecting him, members of Squad E sneak out to find the lost pup. Before long, though, they find themselves embroiled in a ""picnic"" of a decidedly unpastoral nature... This story can be played after completing Chapter 10 of the main story. To access this story, go to Book Mode > Menu > Extra Stories. A Continent Engulfed in the Bitter Flames of War! Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but with an all-new story focusing on Squad E of the Federation. Commander Claude Wallace and his childhood friends set out to fight in a desperate war, but bone-chilling blizzards, waves of imperial soldiers, and the godlike powers of the Valkyria stand between them and victory. The BLiTZ Battle System and the CANVAS Graphic Engine return! Features
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War Take command of the determined, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hot-headed Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war — but will the bonds of Squad E's friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation ""BLiTZ"" Battle System Part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter, the "BLiTZ" battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a "Last Stand" action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics The series' signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolour compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colourful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral score for the game.
- Optimised for PC 4K resolutions, customisable keyboard and mouse controls, even ultra- widescreen support. Also includes achievements and Steam trading cards.