In Oriental Empires , players will step into the incredible world of ancient China and Mongolia from 1500 BC, and guide the destiny of their people across 3000 years of military, cultural and technological progress.
Play on a huge historical map of China or on random maps in a custom campaign. Develop your land and cities, conduct trade and diplomacy, develop religions and philosophy. Master the art of peace and war to raise your armies, and use the terrain to plan your battles. Zoom in to watch the action unfold.
Challenge up to 15 friends in multiplayer mode, create a civilization and become the Emperor, in this turn-based strategy masterpiece.
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game!
- Conquer together or betray your allies. Anything goes in multiplayer mode, supporting up to 15 players.